Education, Training, Board Certifications
- M.D., University of California, San Diego
- Ph.D. in Biology, University of California, San Diego
- Residency, The Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship in Oncology, University of Arizona
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Skin cancers
Research and/or clinical interests
As the director of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, Dr. Lee Cranmer’s expertise is in the clinical management of sarcomas, a rare kind of cancer that grows in connective tissue — cells that connect or support other kinds of tissue in your body. He is focused on supporting and expanding sarcoma research collaborations at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and UW Medicine, including the development of local clinical trials, involvement in national clinical trials, the teaching and mentoring of hematology-oncology fellows and community-outreach activities.
In addition to treating sarcomas, Dr. Cranmer treats patients with melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers. He has been directly involved in the design or execution of over 70 institutional, industry and national cooperative group-sponsored therapeutic clinical trials for melanoma and sarcoma patients, in addition to phase 1 solid tumor protocols. These have included trials of molecularly targeted therapies and immune-boosting therapies, such as immune checkpoint inhibitors.